.NET Applications Developer
We're making a football game
GOALS is our attempt to give football the game it deserves. A fair game, that is a reflection of football, rather than the football industry. We want to make a game that’s fun right away, without players having to invest a fortune.
It’s a game about winning, but one where victory comes in more forms than simply winning matches. Focus on trick shots, design awesome t-shirts or create an arena that inspires greatness. No two players will be on the same journey.
GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.
Welcome to the engineering team
A core component of our game is our launcher, which is the user facing app that starts the game and keeps it updated. We are now looking for the person that will be responsible for building the launcher and related tools.
You will also be responsible for Gamecure, our OSS tool for providing content/built versions of Unreal Engine
All our applications are developed to be used cross-platform (Mac/Windows/Linux). We use .NET to develop and Avalonia as cross platform UI framework.
This position will hold a unique competence (C#, .NET) and will be fully responsible for the application development. As an application developer, this profile will collaborate with internal customers as content creators (art team), game developers and the executive producer.
As game development is a plus but not a demand for this role, it makes it the perfect role for someone to try out and fall in love with the gaming industry.
Ideally you have...
- Strong experience from developing .NET application, with minimum 2 years of experience as an application software engineer.
- Team collaboration skills
- Drive and initiative for new ideas and improvements
- Ability to work in a team but without strong supervision
- Experience from developing applications with WPF, AvaloniaUI or other similar UI framework
- Experience from building cross platform applications (Mac/Windows/Linux)
It's nice if you have...
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience from building auto updating applications
- Mac development experience (in particular for signing Mac builds)
- CI/CD build pipelines (github actions, jenkins, etc)
- Experience with .NET native interoperability code
- 3-4 years of experience developing applications.
About the Employment
The position is permanent and you can work from our Stockholm office, hybrid or fully remote from anywhere in Europe. It is important that you are able to communicate unhindered in verbal/written English.
For this position we do not offer relocation assistance.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth, working at GOALS has many other benefits like occupational pension, 30 days PTO, flexible work hours, stock options and more. Learn more here.
For this role we would like you to include:
- LinkedIn-profile, CV or any other document that showcase your experience
- A link to your Github(if applicable)
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel that you tick all the boxes. You just might be exactly what we need, even if we haven’t understood it yet. GOALS is still a young company and we change quickly. But one thing that never changes is our conviction that we need a diverse studio environment, filled with different perspectives and skills.
- Remote (within Europe), Stockholm
- Remote Work
- Optional Remote
We're making a football game. GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.
.NET Applications Developer
Loading application form